Rs.60.00 (26% Savings)
Rs.75.50 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is RAN CV 500mg Tablet used for?
RAN CV 500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of angina pectoris.
RAN CV 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RAN CV 500mg Tablet work?
RAN CV 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-anginal agents. RAN CV 500mg Tablet works by reducing the influx of sodium and chloride in the heart muscles. This causes the heart muscle to relax, which improves the blood flow and prevents an angina attack.
How to take RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RAN CV 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of RAN CV 500mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with RAN CV 500mg Tablet are:
- Ascorbic acid
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RAN CV 500mg Tablet:
- Skin rash
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle weakness
- Tingling sensation
- Mild dizziness
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual body movements
- Blood in urine
- Urinating less than usual
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RAN CV 500mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RAN CV 500mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive dizziness when taken with RAN CV 500mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take RAN CV 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to RAN CV 500mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems or if you have undergone any surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RAN CV 500mg Tablet
- Can I take Clarithromycin while on RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
- How long can I take RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
- Do I need to undergo any test while taking RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of RAN CV 500mg Tablet?
Do not take any antibiotics, such as Clarithromycin while taking RAN CV 500mg Tablet medication.
RAN CV 500mg Tablet should be used only for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
RAN CV 500mg Tablet may cause irregular heart rhythm. Therefore, your doctor may recommend you to obtain ECG while you are taking this medicine.
No, RAN CV 500mg Tablet dose depends on the complexity of the condition. Hence, altering the dose is not advised. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.