MONOTRATE OD 25mg Tablet 10's
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate used for?
Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate is used for the prevention and treatment of angina pectoris.
Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate work?
Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate belongs to the class of drugs called nitrates. This drug acts by dilating and relaxing the blood vessels, which allows increased blood flow to the heart.
How to take Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate should be taken twice a day. Maintain at least a gap of seven hours between the two doses.
If you miss a dose of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Vision changes
- Clammy skin
- Bluish fingers, toes or lips
What are the drugs that interact with Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate?
Drugs that interact with Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate?
The following are the most common side effects of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate:
- Cold sweats
- Sore mouth
- Visual disturbances
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stiff neck
- Bone pain
- Irregular breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate more than prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while using Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drugs along with Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate.
You are advised not to take Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate
- How should Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate be stored?
- Is it safe to use Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate in patient with anaemia?
- What are the other formulations of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate available?
- I am on Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate for angina. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate?
Store Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate medication in a cool and dry place, away from light and moisture.
No. Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate is not safe to use in anaemic patient, as it may cause methemoglobinaemia.
Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate is also available in injection dosage form.
No. Do not stop Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate abruptly, unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may worsen the condition.
No. Do not change the dose of Isosorbide 5 Mononitrate unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.