MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet 10's
Rs.19.28 (3% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet used for?
MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet is used for the prevention and treatment of angina pectoris.
MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet work?
MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called nitrates. This drug acts by dilating and relaxing the blood vessels, which allows increased blood flow to the heart.
How to take MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet should be taken twice a day. Maintain at least a gap of seven hours between the two doses.
If you miss a dose of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Vision changes
- Clammy skin
- Bluish fingers, toes or lips
What are the drugs that interact with MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet:
- Cold sweats
- Sore mouth
- Visual disturbances
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stiff neck
- Bone pain
- Irregular breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet more than prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while using MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drugs along with MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet
- How should MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet in patient with anaemia?
- What are the other formulations of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet available?
- I am on MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet for angina. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet?
Store MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet medication in a cool and dry place, away from light and moisture.
No. MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet is not safe to use in anaemic patient, as it may cause methemoglobinaemia.
MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet is also available in injection dosage form.
No. Do not stop MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet abruptly, unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may worsen the condition.
No. Do not change the dose of MONOTRATE 10mg Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.