Turmeric or haldi is touted as the king of spices in India, renders a strong fragrance and a distinct earthy taste to a spectrum of culinary domains. This staple spice confers the food with an array of valuable nutrients, medicinal and therapeutic properties that enhance optimal health and well-being. The wealth of bioactive compounds in turmeric is used extensively in Ayurveda and folk remedies for ages for treating several maladies.
This bright yellow coloured spice abounds with curcumin, an active compound that plays a key role in delivering a spectrum of impressive incentives for overall health and skin beauty. Endowed with a treasure trove of antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory traits, turmeric purifies the blood by flushing out toxins from the system and helps to heal a host of skin woes. It works as a strong antioxidant that combats detrimental toxins from oxidising healthy skin cells and treats skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, scabies and boils.
Turmeric powder is extensively used in a wide range of beauty care essentials right from creams, lotions, soaps, face packs and many more. This wonder ingredient work as a magic potion when used as a natural face pack to slow down signs of ageing, fade away wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes and revamp skin health and glow from inside out.
From acne to dark spots and psoriasis, turmeric is a miracle ingredient in your beauty care regimen that regenerates new skin cells and provides your skin with the much need glow and lustre.
Beauty Benefitting Properties of Turmeric
- Potent anti-inflammatory characteristics of turmeric lessen inflammation, skin irritation and fight eczema and psoriasis
- Anti-bacterial effects of turmeric eliminate acne-causing bacteria, reduce acne scars and makes the skin blemish-free
- Strong antioxidant properties balance sebum secretions that help to clean clogged pores and prevent hyperpigmentation of the skin
- Skin-soothing properties of turmeric, hydrates and nourishes the skin and removes the dead skin cells
- Anti-ageing traits of turmeric fade away wrinkles, fine lines and bring out natural glow and radiance
- Cooling properties of turmeric lessen skin irritation, reduces redness and calm irritated and dry skin
Checkout this infographic to get an insight into amazing DIY ideas using turmeric to heal all your skin woes and nourish your skin health.