ZONISEP 50mg Capsule 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ZONISEP 50mg Capsule used for?
ZONISEP 50mg Capsule is used for the treatment of seizures.
ZONISEP 50mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZONISEP 50mg Capsule work?
ZONISEP 50mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. This drug acts by binding to sodium and calcium channels and prevents neuronal depolarisation. Thus, it prevents and controls the spread of seizures in the body.
How to take ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZONISEP 50mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZONISEP 50mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ZONISEP 50mg Capsule may include:
- Decreased renal function
- Respiratory depression
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with ZONISEP 50mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of ZONISEP 50mg Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Dry mouth
- Fatigue Rhinitis
- Impaired memory
- Speech abnormalities
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Aplastic anaemia
- Blood dyscrasias
- Epidermal necrosis
- Hepatic necrosis
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Kidney stones
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZONISEP 50mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ZONISEP 50mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid ZONISEP 50mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take ZONISEP 50mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ZONISEP 50mg Capsule.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ZONISEP 50mg Capsule
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
- I am on ZONISEP 50mg Capsule for partial seizures. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the ZONISEP 50mg Capsule?
It is advised to monitor your serum creatinine, serum bicarbonate, blood urea nitrogen and body temperature while taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule.
Yes, it is advised to avoid consumption of alcohol while taking ZONISEP 50mg Capsule tablet/capsule as it increases the effect of the drug on the nervous system.
Consult the doctor once you feel better, as a change in the dose of the medicine may be recommended by your doctor depending on the nature of seizures.
Do not alter the dose of ZONISEP 50mg Capsule medicine without consulting the doctor. A sudden change in the dose may increase the risk of psychological side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.