|Out of stock|
Rs.75.00 (60% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.112.87 (40% Savings)
Rs.127.36 (33% Savings)
Rs.142.00 (25% Savings)
Rs.146.23 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ZOCEF Dry Syrup used for?
ZOCEF Dry Syrup suspension/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as:
- Ear infections
- Otitis media
- Urinary tract infections
ZOCEF Dry Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZOCEF Dry Syrup work?
ZOCEF Dry Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby causing the death of bacteria. Thus, it helps in reducing the bacterial infections.
How to take ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZOCEF Dry Syrup suspension/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food.
- Shake the suspension/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of ZOCEF Dry Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ZOCEF Dry Syrup may include the following:
- Difficulty in breathing
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
Drugs that interact with ZOCEF Dry Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of ZOCEF Dry Syrup:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe stomach pain
- Dark urine
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ZOCEF Dry Syrup or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZOCEF Dry Syrup.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ZOCEF Dry Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ZOCEF Dry Syrup during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take ZOCEF Dry Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ZOCEF Dry Syrup
- Can I receive vaccines while taking ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
- Can ZOCEF Dry Syrup be used to treat common cold?
- What are the contraindications of ZOCEF Dry Syrup?
- How should ZOCEF Dry Syrup be stored?
No. It is not advised to receive any vaccinations while taking ZOCEF Dry Syrup. Please consult your doctor if your vaccine is due.
No. ZOCEF Dry Syrup is only used to treats bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor in case of viral infections, such as common cold.
ZOCEF Dry Syrup is contraindicated in inflammatory bowel disease, phenylketonuria and if hypersensitive to penicillin.
ZOCEF Dry Syrup should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.