XET 10mg Tablet 10's
Rs.82.05 (32% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is XET 10mg Tablet used for?
XET 10mg Tablet is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder
XET 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does XET 10mg Tablet work?
XET 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It helps in increasing the levels of a chemical messenger called serotonin in the brain. Increased serotonin levels in the brain improves mood. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of the condition.
How to take XET 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take XET 10mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of XET 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with XET 10mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with XET 10mg Tablet are:
- Ascorbic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of XET 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of XET 10mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Back pain
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle spasms
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking XET 10mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on XET 10mg Tablet
- Do not operate heavy machinery if XET 10mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not take XET 10mg Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus.
What should you tell your doctor before taking XET 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to XET 10mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about XET 10mg Tablet
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while on XET 10mg Tablet ?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on XET 10mg Tablet ?
- For how long is XET 10mg Tablet usually prescribed?
- Is it safe to take a higher dose of XET 10mg Tablet for faster recovery?
No, do not consume alcohol while taking XET 10mg Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
Yes, follow a nutritious diet as XET 10mg Tablet may decrease your appetite.
The duration of the treatment depends on the severity of the condition. Please consult your doctor.
No, do not alter the dosage. Take the drug as prescribed by the doctor. Altering the dosage may cause adverse effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.