What is WIKORYL AF Syrup used for?
WIKORYL AF Syrup capsule, oral drop, syrup is used for the treatment of nasal congestion.
WIKORYL AF Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does WIKORYL AF Syrup work?
In WIKORYL AF Syrup, Chlorpheniramine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine agents. It works by inhibiting the release of histamines. Thus, it helps in reducing inflammation and allergic reactions.
Phenylpropanolamine belongs to the class of drugs called decongestants. It works by stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors, which are responsible for increasing nasal airway by binding to the receptors of the respiratory tract. Thus, it helps in reducing nasal congestion.
How to take WIKORYL AF Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take WIKORYL AF Syrup capsule, oral drop, syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule. Take WIKORYL AF Syrup with or without food.
- The oral drops should be taken as per the instructions provided on the leaflet.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of WIKORYL AF Syrup, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with WIKORYL AF Syrup?
Drugs that interact with WIKORYL AF Syrup are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of WIKORYL AF Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of WIKORYL AF Syrup:
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty urinating
- Mood swings
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking WIKORYL AF Syrup?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on WIKORYL AF Syrup
- Do not consume alcohol while taking WIKORYL AF Syrup as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- Individuals suffering from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease should be cautious while taking WIKORYL AF Syrup
- Do not take any drug without informing the doctor as it may cause adverse drug interactions.
- Avoid WIKORYL AF Syrup in case of allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take WIKORYL AF Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking WIKORYL AF Syrup?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in WIKORYL AF Syrup
Frequently Asked questions about WIKORYL AF Syrup
- How is WIKORYL AF Syrup stored?
- Can I take a higher dose of WIKORYL AF Syrup for faster recovery?
- Is it safe to take WIKORYL AF Syrup during pregnancy?
WIKORYL AF Syrup should be stored at room temperature (15-30 °C). Keep it away from light and moisture.
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug as the dosage of WIKORYL AF Syrup is prescribed based on the severity of the condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
No. It is advisable to avoid taking WIKORYL AF Syrup during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.