WAKLERT 150MG TABLET 10'S
What is Armodafinil used for?
Armodafinil tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Shift work sleep disorder
Armodafinil may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Armodafinil work?
Armodafinil belongs to the class of drugs called eugeroic agents. The drug acts by exerting a stimulant effect on the brain by increasing the level of a chemical messenger (dopamine) which increases a feeling of wakefulness, thereby reducing extreme sleepiness.
How to take Armodafinil?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Armodafinil tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of Armodafinil, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Armodafinil?
Drugs that interact with Armodafinil include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Armodafinil?
The following are the most common side effects of Armodafinil:
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty sleeping
- Fever and chills
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Suicidal thoughts (rare)
- Swollen lymph nodes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Armodafinil?
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Armodafinil causes dizziness.
- Avoid caffeine containing food while taking Armodafinil as it may increase the side effects of Armodafinil.
You are advised not to take Armodafinil if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Armodafinil?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart problems, high blood pressure, liver problems, mood disorders and personal or family history of overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of
- Inform the doctor if you are on hormonal birth control measures as Armodafinil may decrease their effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions about Armodafinil
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Armodafinil?
- How should Armodafinil be stored?
- Can I recommend this medication to others?
No. It is not advisable to alter the prescribed dose. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Armodafinil should be stored at a temperature between 20-25°C.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.