What is VITOMIN D3 Granules used for?
VITOMIN D3 Granules tablet/capsule/soft gel/powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/ syrup/chew gum/spray is used to treat or prevent osteoporosis and other bone disorders, such as rickets. It is also used in combination to treat kidney diseases to maintain calcium and phosphate levels.
VITOMIN D3 Granules may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VITOMIN D3 Granules work?
VITOMIN D3 Granules belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins. This drug acts by increasing the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Thus, it helps in maintaining calcium and phosphorus levels.
How to use VITOMIN D3 Granules?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VITOMIN D3 Granules tablet/capsule/soft gel /powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/syrup/chew gum/spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule/soft gel Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Empty the contents of powder/sachet into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
- For VITOMIN D3 Granules oral drops, please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
- VITOMIN D3 Granules injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- In case of syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- VITOMIN D3 Granules chew gum should be chewed without swallowing it.
- VITOMIN D3 Granules spray should be shaken well before use and is to be sprayed into the mouth under the tongue.
If you miss a dose of VITOMIN D3 Granules, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with VITOMIN D3 Granules?
Drugs that interact with VITOMIN D3 Granules include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VITOMIN D3 Granules?
The following are the most common side effects of VITOMIN D3 Granules:
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased urination
- Mood alterations
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VITOMIN D3 Granules?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VITOMIN D3 Granules or any of its ingredient drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking VITOMIN D3 Granules if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take VITOMIN D3 Granules if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using VITOMIN D3 Granules?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of Hypervitaminosis, malabsorption, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using VITOMIN D3 Granules.
Frequently Asked questions about VITOMIN D3 Granules
- What are the overdose symptoms of VITOMIN D3 Granules?
- What are the natural sources of VITOMIN D3 Granules?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VITOMIN D3 Granules?
- What are the contraindications of VITOMIN D3 Granules?
The overdose symptoms of VITOMIN D3 Granules include seizures, confusion, and irregular heartbeat.
The natural sources of VITOMIN D3 Granules include eggs, cod liver oil, chicken liver, dairy products, and fatty fish.
Yes, laboratory parameters, such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous levels must be monitored while taking VITOMIN D3 Granules.
The contraindications of VITOMIN D3 Granules include kidney stones, arteriosclerosis, and excessive amounts of calcium and phosphate in the blood.