Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
VITARESP M 5mg Tablet 10's
By Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.78.00 (12% Savings)
Rs.79.20 (10% Savings)
Rs.87.00 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VITARESP M 5mg Tablet used for?
VITARESP M 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of following breathing problems:
- Shortness of breath
VITARESP M 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VITARESP M 5mg Tablet work?
VITARESP M 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called leukotriene inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain chemical substances in the airway passages. Thus, it helps in preventing the smooth muscle contraction and enhancing the secretion of thick and viscous mucus.
How to use VITARESP M 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VITARESP M 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. VITARESP M 5mg Tablet can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. However, the best results of medicine are achieved when taken along with the food.
- For a chewable tablet, the tablet has to be chewed properly before swallowing.
- In case of an oral liquid, shake the suspension well before taking the prescribed dosage. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- For granule dosage form, a prescribed amount of granules should be mixed with water and taken orally.
If you miss a dose of VITARESP M 5mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VITARESP M 5mg Tablet may include:
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with VITARESP M 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VITARESP M 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VITARESP M 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VITARESP M 5mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Mood changes
- Trouble sleeping
- Numbness of arms/legs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VITARESP M 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VITARESP M 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VITARESP M 5mg Tablet medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult your doctor before using VITARESP M 5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy.
- Avoid taking VITARESP M 5mg Tablet just before doing heavy physical exercises.
You are advised not to use VITARESP M 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using VITARESP M 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using VITARESP M 5mg Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about VITARESP M 5mg Tablet
- How can VITARESP M 5mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I suggest VITARESP M 5mg Tablet to others?
- What are the formulations of VITARESP M 5mg Tablet available?
- Should I continue using VITARESP M 5mg Tablet if my symptoms of asthma didn’t subside?
VITARESP M 5mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
No. VITARESP M 5mg Tablet should only be used when prescribed. Therefore, please don’t share or suggest VITARESP M 5mg Tablet to anyone.
VITARESP M 5mg Tablet is available as a chewable tablet, granule, syrup and tablet.
Please consult your doctor if the symptoms of asthma persist or worsen even after using VITARESP M 5mg Tablet medication.