VITANOVA D3 Drops 15ml
By Zuventus Healthcare Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is VITANOVA D3 Drops used for?
VITANOVA D3 Drops tablet/capsule/soft gel/powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/ syrup/chew gum/spray is used to treat or prevent osteoporosis and other bone disorders, such as rickets. It is also used in combination to treat kidney diseases to maintain calcium and phosphate levels.
VITANOVA D3 Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VITANOVA D3 Drops work?
VITANOVA D3 Drops belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins. This drug acts by increasing the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Thus, it helps in maintaining calcium and phosphorus levels.
How to use VITANOVA D3 Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VITANOVA D3 Drops tablet/capsule/soft gel /powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/syrup/chew gum/spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule/soft gel Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Empty the contents of powder/sachet into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
- For VITANOVA D3 Drops oral drops, please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
- VITANOVA D3 Drops injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- In case of syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- VITANOVA D3 Drops chew gum should be chewed without swallowing it.
- VITANOVA D3 Drops spray should be shaken well before use and is to be sprayed into the mouth under the tongue.
If you miss a dose of VITANOVA D3 Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with VITANOVA D3 Drops?
Drugs that interact with VITANOVA D3 Drops include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VITANOVA D3 Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of VITANOVA D3 Drops:
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased urination
- Mood alterations
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VITANOVA D3 Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VITANOVA D3 Drops or any of its ingredient drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking VITANOVA D3 Drops if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take VITANOVA D3 Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using VITANOVA D3 Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of Hypervitaminosis, malabsorption, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using VITANOVA D3 Drops.
Frequently Asked questions about VITANOVA D3 Drops
- What are the overdose symptoms of VITANOVA D3 Drops?
- What are the natural sources of VITANOVA D3 Drops?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VITANOVA D3 Drops?
- What are the contraindications of VITANOVA D3 Drops?
The overdose symptoms of VITANOVA D3 Drops include seizures, confusion, and irregular heartbeat.
The natural sources of VITANOVA D3 Drops include eggs, cod liver oil, chicken liver, dairy products, and fatty fish.
Yes, laboratory parameters, such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous levels must be monitored while taking VITANOVA D3 Drops.
The contraindications of VITANOVA D3 Drops include kidney stones, arteriosclerosis, and excessive amounts of calcium and phosphate in the blood.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.