What is Diosmin used for?
Diosmin tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Varicose veins
- Venous stasis
- Lymphoedema (swelling of the arms)
Diosmin cream is used for the treatment of haemorrhoids.
Diosmin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Diosmin work?
Diosmin is a bioflavonoid that acts by reducing inflammation and normalising the functioning of vein. Thus, it helps in improving the condition.
How to use Diosmin?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Diosmin cream/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of Diosmin cream to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of Diosmin, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Diosmin?
Please consult your doctor to know about the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Diosmin?
The following are the most common side effects of Diosmin tablet :
- Abdominal pain
- Gastrointestinal problems
The following are the most common side effects of Diosmin cream :
- Skin rash
- Skin irritation
- Burning sensation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Diosmin?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Diosmin or similar drugs.
- Avoid using Diosmin medication in children without consulting a doctor.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- Avoid using Diosmin drug for a longer duration of time without doctor’s consultation.
- Do not use an excess amount of Diosmin cream over the skin to avoid pilling.
- Avoid using Diosmin over a large area of the skin.
- Avoid Diosmin cream getting in contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use Diosmin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Diosmin?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cancer.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about Diosmin
- How should Diosmin be stored?
- How long can I use Diosmin?
- Is it safe to use Diosmin tablet during pregnancy?
Diosmin should be stored at room temperature (15-30oC), away from heat, light, and moisture.
Diosmin medication should be used for a prescribed duration of time.
Consult your doctor regarding potential risks and benefits of Diosmin medication during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.