Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is VAROZAP 100mg Tablet used for?
VAROZAP 100mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease.
VAROZAP 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VAROZAP 100mg Tablet work?
VAROZAP 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotic drugs. The drug acts on certain brain receptors and changes the action of brain chemicals. Thus, it helps in decreasing psychotic symptoms.
How to take VAROZAP 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VAROZAP 100mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet include the following:
What are the drugs that interact with VAROZAP 100mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VAROZAP 100mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Lack of appetite
- Increased salivation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest tightness
- Shakiness of legs, hands and arms
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Throat discomfort
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VAROZAP 100mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to VAROZAP 100mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VAROZAP 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take VAROZAP 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VAROZAP 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypertension, electrolyte imbalance and kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about VAROZAP 100mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VAROZAP 100mg Tablet?
- Wha t are the contraindications of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet
- Is it safe to continue smoking while taking VAROZAP 100mg Tablet
- Is it common to experience respiratory depression while taking VAROZAP 100mg Tablet
Yes. It is advisable to monitor your cardiac and vital signs, leucocytes and differential blood count levels.
The contradictions of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet are epilepsy, severe cardiac disease, and bone marrow suppression.
No. You are advised to quit smoking while taking VAROZAP 100mg Tablet. However, consult your doctor before starting the medication.
Respiratory depression is a serious side effect of VAROZAP 100mg Tablet. Consult your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.