What is UPHOLD Tablet used for?
UPHOLD Tablet is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, enlarged prostate gland and premature ejaculation.
UPHOLD Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does UPHOLD Tablet work?
In UPHOLD Tablet, Tadalafil belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. This drug acts by relaxing the smooth muscles of corpus cavernosum. The relaxed muscles have increased inflow of blood, which results in hardening the penis.
Dapoxetine belongs to the class of drugs called short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It acts by inhibiting serotonin transporter, which helps in delaying ejaculation.
How to take UPHOLD Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take UPHOLD Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, using the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of UPHOLD Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with UPHOLD Tablet?
Drugs that interact with UPHOLD Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of UPHOLD Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of UPHOLD Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Painful urination
- Skin paleness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Blurry vision
- Lower back pain
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
- Skin ulcers
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking UPHOLD Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to UPHOLD Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using UPHOLD Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not take UPHOLD Tablet medicine if you are suffering from blood disorders such as sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia and multiple myeloma.
- Do not take UPHOLD Tablet medicine if you are suffering from bleeding disorders.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on UPHOLD Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek immediate medical care if the erection lasts for more than four hours.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use UPHOLD Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking UPHOLD Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease and coronary heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have recovered from a recent heart attack or stroke or congestive heart failure.
Frequently Asked questions about UPHOLD Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of UPHOLD Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking UPHOLD Tablet?
- What should I do if I do not experience erection even after taking UPHOLD Tablet medicine?
Do not alter the dose of UPHOLD Tablet medicine without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose may lead to increased side effects.
Yes, it is advised not to consume grapefruit, grapefruit juice or alcohol while taking UPHOLD Tablet tablet. It is also advised to avoid foods such as fries or cheeseburger as it delays the drug action in the body.
Inform the doctor if you do not experience erection even after using UPHOLD Tablet medicine. The doctor may prescribe another medicine or alter the dose of UPHOLD Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.