TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet 10's
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet used for?
TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) in patients who are not controlled on monotherapy (single drug therapy) or dual therapy (double drug therapy).
TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet work?
- Amlodipine Besylate belongs to a group of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine Besylate prevents the calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall thereby preventing tightening of blood vessel walls. This reduces the blood pressure and improves symptoms of chest pain.
- Chlorthalidone belongs to group of medicines called thiazide-like diuretics. Diuretics are medications which cause increase water removal from body as urine. Chlorthalidone removes excess sodium, chloride and water by kidney, thereby reducing the blood pressure. Chlorthalidone has a long term and more effective action on reduction of blood pressure than other thiazide and thiazide-like diuretics.
- Telmisartan belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Telmisartan relaxes the blood vessel walls, thus reducing the blood pressure. Telmisartan, also has a role in preventing coronary artery diseases.
TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet act additively to reduce the blood pressure.
How to take TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet ?
- The dosage of oral tablets of TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- You must swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the tablet.
- Take your daily dose at same time (preferably at breakfast).
- Do not take the tablet with grapefruit juice (it can lead to increase in amlodipine concentration which would increase the lowering of the blood pressure).
- TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet is not recommended for children and adolescent under 18 years of age.
- Do not discontinue the medication without consulting a doctor.
- If you miss a dose of TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have taken an overdose of TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
If you have taken an overdose of TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet, please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- Fast or slow heart rate
What are the drugs that interact with TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet:
- Atropine, Biperiden
- Baclofen, Tubocurarine
- Calcium supplements
- Cyclosporin, Tacrolimus
- Diltiazem, Verapamil
- Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Rifampicin
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- Other medicines for treatment of high blood pressure
- Potassium supplements and salt substitutes containing potassium
- NSAIDs (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs)
- St John's wort
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
Most common side effects of TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet are:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Sore throat and nose
- Urinary tract infection, urge to pass urine
- Awareness of heartbeat, low blood pressure
- Nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, cramps
- Joint swelling, ankle swelling
Please contact your physician immediately if you have
- allergic reactions (swelling of the face, mouth, larynx (voice box), itching and rash);
- severe light-headedness or fainting;
- low levels of potassium or sodium in blood;
- angioneurotic oedema (red, burning, itching areas on skin near eyes, lips, hands, feet and inside of throat, hoarseness of voice, difficulty in breathing);
- severe skin allergies such as blisters on skin, mouth, lips, eyes and genitals (commonly called Steven Johnsons syndrome);
- persistent diarrhoea which causes weight loss;
- decrease in vision.
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you have diabetes related kidney problem.
- you are taking an ACE inhibitor (Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril).
- you are taking any medicine containing Aliskiren.
- you have liver disease.
- you have a heart disease or problem with valves and muscles of your heart.
- you are on low salt diet.
- your blood potassium levels are low.
- you have a poor functioning adrenal gland.
- you have had hypersensitivity reaction.
- you have diabetes.
- You have a previous history of angioedema.
- you are under dialysis.
- you have renal artery stenosis (narrowed blood vessel in kidney) or have had a kidney transplant.
- you have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) (an autoimmune disease).
- you have asthma.
- you have skin rash after being in the sun.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet
- How should TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I drive while taking TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet?
- Is TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet addictive?
TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet does not require any special storage conditions. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet causes drowsiness, dizziness and headache and affects the driving ability. Avoid driving if you are taking TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet.
Do not take grapefruit or grapefruit juice while on Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone + Telmisartan. Apart from this, there are no dietary restrictions if you are taking TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet.
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol while on TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet as it can make you dizzy, sleepy or tired.
No, TRITELSAR 40mg Tablet is not addictive. However, do not take it without consulting your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.