TRETIVA 20mg Capsule 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.135.00 (30% Savings)
Rs.145.15 (25% Savings)
Rs.150.00 (23% Savings)
Rs.155.00 (20% Savings)
Rs.160.00 (17% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TRETIVA 20mg Capsule used for?
TRETIVA 20mg Capsule is used for the treatment of cystic acne.
TRETIVA 20mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRETIVA 20mg Capsule work?
TRETIVA 20mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called retinoids. This drug acts by decreasing the production of facial oil or sebum and preventing the abnormal hardening of the skin. It also works by reducing the inflammation. Thus, it reduces the severity of acne.
How to use TRETIVA 20mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TRETIVA 20mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor. It is available in tablet, capsule, or gel dosage forms.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take TRETIVA 20mg Capsule with food.
- Apply TRETIVA 20mg Capsule gel over the acne.
The overdose symptoms of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Facial flushing
- Loss of balance
What are the drugs that interact with TRETIVA 20mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with TRETIVA 20mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule tablet/capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Swelling of eyelids
- Swelling of lips
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood changes
- Violent behaviour
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tingling sensation
- Joint pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions TRETIVA 20mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TRETIVA 20mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while using TRETIVA 20mg Capsule if you have a kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid TRETIVA 20mg Capsule during pregnancy and breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using TRETIVA 20mg Capsule abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid prolonged exposure the sunlight while using TRETIVA 20mg Capsule.
What should you tell your doctor before using TRETIVA 20mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about TRETIVA 20mg Capsule
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to use TRETIVA 20mg Capsule in patients with a history of osteoporosis?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using TRETIVA 20mg Capsule tablet?
- How long does TRETIVA 20mg Capsule tablet take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to use TRETIVA 20mg Capsule in patients with glaucoma?
No. It is not safe to change the dose of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule unless suggested by the doctor.
No. TRETIVA 20mg Capsule is not safe to use in patients with a history of osteoporosis.
TRETIVA 20mg Capsule is a derivative of vitamin A. Therefore, avoid foods rich in vitamin A as it may worsen the side effects of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule.
A complete clearing of acne may be achieved within 16 to 24 days of continued treatment.
No. Use of TRETIVA 20mg Capsule should be avoided in patients with glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.