TRETIN 0.025% Cream 30gm
By Hegde & Hegde Pharmaceutica Llp Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is TRETIN 0.025% Cream used for?
TRETIN 0.025% Cream capsule is used for the treatment of acute promyelocytic leukaemia.
TRETIN 0.025% Cream cream/gel is used for the treatment of acne, fine lines, wrinkles and other skin diseases.
TRETIN 0.025% Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRETIN 0.025% Cream work?
TRETIN 0.025% Cream belongs to the class of drugs called retinoids. TRETIN 0.025% Cream capsule works by promoting the growth and maturation of blood cells in the bone marrow. Thus, it helps in reducing the symptoms of the condition.
TRETIN 0.025% Cream cream/gel works by decreasing the adherence of follicular epithelial cells, which decreases the formation of blackheads. It also stimulates the mitotic activity, which helps in the growth of follicular epithelial cells. Thus, it causes extrusion of the blackheads.
How to use TRETIN 0.025% Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take TRETIN 0.025% Cream with or without food.
- Apply a thin layer of cream/gel on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of TRETIN 0.025% Cream, please use it once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TRETIN 0.025% Cream topical may include:
- Excessive redness
- Peeling of the skin
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TRETIN 0.025% Cream?
The drugs that interact with TRETIN 0.025% Cream capsule are:
The drug that interacts with TRETIN 0.025% Cream topical is:
- Clindamycin Topical
- Resorcinol Topical
- Sulphur Topical
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRETIN 0.025% Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of TRETIN 0.025% Cream capsule :
- Dry mouth
- Mouth ulcers
- Profuse sweating
The following are the most common side effects of TRETIN 0.025% Cream topical :
- Dry skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions TRETIN 0.025% Cream?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TRETIN 0.025% Cream
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TRETIN 0.025% Cream capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use TRETIN 0.025% Cream if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TRETIN 0.025% Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to TRETIN 0.025% Cream or similar drugs.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions about TRETIN 0.025% Cream
- Does TRETIN 0.025% Cream topical treat sunburn?
- How long is TRETIN 0.025% Cream prescribed?
- Can I recommend TRETIN 0.025% Cream capsule to a person having acne symptoms?
- Is it safe to use cosmetics while using TRETIN 0.025% Cream topical?
No, TRETIN 0.025% Cream topical is not used to treat sunburn. However, please consult your doctor before using TRETIN 0.025% Cream.
The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
No, do not recommend TRETIN 0.025% Cream to a person with acne, as the severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual. However, do not recommend any drug without the doctor’s consent.
It is advised not to apply any cosmetics for about 60 minutes after the use of TRETIN 0.025% Cream.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.