TRAVATAN Eye Drops 2.5ml
By Alcon Laboratories India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is TRAVATAN Eye Drops used for?
TRAVATAN Eye Drops is used for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
TRAVATAN Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRAVATAN Eye Drops work?
TRAVATAN Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called ophthalmic agents. TRAVATAN Eye Drops helps in reducing the pressure in the eyes by increasing the drainage of the fluids in the eye. Thus, it helps in reducing intraocular pressure.
How to use TRAVATAN Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TRAVATAN Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops of TRAVATAN Eye Drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of TRAVATAN Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TRAVATAN Eye Drops?
Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution is the only drug that interacts with TRAVATAN Eye Drops. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRAVATAN Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of TRAVATAN Eye Drops eye drops:
- Eye irritation
- Dry eyes
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Eye colour changes
- Eye discomfort
- Eye Redness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TRAVATAN Eye Drops?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TRAVATAN Eye Drops
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TRAVATAN Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of eyelids.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with TRAVATAN Eye Drops.
- Do not keep the eye drops in the freezer.
You are advised not to use TRAVATAN Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TRAVATAN Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to TRAVATAN Eye Drops.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TRAVATAN Eye Drops
- Can I discontinue using TRAVATAN Eye Drops when I feel better?
- Can I use contact lens while on TRAVATAN Eye Drops?
- Is it safe to use TRAVATAN Eye Drops in case of iritis?
- What are the overdose symptoms of TRAVATAN Eye Drops eye drops?
- How is TRAVATAN Eye Drops stored?
Do not stop using TRAVATAN Eye Drops abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the infection to return.
Remove your contact lens before using the eye drops and wait for at least 15 minutes before inserting them again.
No, it is not advisable to use TRAVATAN Eye Drops if you have a history of iritis. However, please inform the doctor about your medical history before using the drug.
The overdose symptoms of TRAVATAN Eye Drops eye drops are itchy eyes, blurred vision and watery eyes. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
TRAVATAN Eye Drops eye drops are stored at room temperature (20 – 25°C), away from sunlight, heat and moisture in an upright position.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.