TONACT TG 10mg Tablet 15's
By Lupin Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.73.60 (75% Savings)
Rs.179.70 (40% Savings)
Rs.250.50 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TONACT TG 10mg Tablet used for?
TONACT TG 10mg Tablet tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of mixed dyslipidaemia (elevated blood cholesterol levels).
TONACT TG 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TONACT TG 10mg Tablet work?
TONACT TG 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents. It acts by lowering the levels of low-density lipoproteins and plasma triglycerides by inhibiting the synthesis of triglycerides. Thus, it helps in reducing the blood cholesterol levels in the body.
How to take TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TONACT TG 10mg Tablet tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take TONACT TG 10mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TONACT TG 10mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat
- Allergic reactions
- Blurred vision
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent nausea and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Dark-coloured urine
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TONACT TG 10mg Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking TONACT TG 10mg Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- Avoid TONACT TG 10mg Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take TONACT TG 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in TONACT TG 10mg Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about TONACT TG 10mg Tablet
- Can I take a higher dose of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet for faster recovery?
- What laboratory tests should I undergo in case of accidental overdose of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take TONACT TG 10mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking TONACT TG 10mg Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug as the dosage of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet is prescribed based on the severity of the condition.
The doctor may monitor LFTs (liver function tests) and CPKs (creatine phosphokinase test) to identify the unabsorbed drug, which may be eliminated by gastric lavage.
The contraindications of TONACT TG 10mg Tablet are hypersensitivity, liver and kidney dysfunction, pre-existing gallbladder disease and elevated levels of serum transaminases.
No, do not take TONACT TG 10mg Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advised to undergo complete blood count (CBC), while taking TONACT TG 10mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.