Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet 10's
By Modi Mundi Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet used for?
TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet is used for the treatment of overactive bladder. It helps in relieving the symptoms, such as excessive urination and involuntary urination (urinary incontinence).
TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet work?
TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-spasmodics. This drug acts by blocking the activity of muscarinic receptors of the bladder wall and inhibiting the action of acetylcholine. Inhibition of acetylcholine activity helps in controlling the involuntary contractions of the bladder and reducing the urge to urinate.
How to take TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule/tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet may include:
- Severe headache
- Unusual excitement
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Increased weight
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in passing urine
- Changes in eye sight
- Swelling of the throat
- Severe drowsiness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid performing strenuous exercises or exposing to the sunlight while on TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet medication.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet
- Consult your doctor before taking TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet medicine during breastfeeding.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor about the usage of TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet before undergoing any surgery.
You are advised not to take TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients?
- What happens if I take Amitriptyline while taking TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet capsule/tablet?
- Can I take TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet medicine while having a history of narrow-angle glaucoma?
Be cautious while using TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients as they can be more sensitive to the side effects.
When Amitriptyline is used along with TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet, it may increase the risk of side effects such as dry mouth, constipation, blurred vision and difficulty passing urine. Please consult your doctor.
Be cautious while taking TOLCONTIN 2mg Tablet medicine if you have any history of narrow-angle glaucoma, as the drug may worsen the condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.