TOBACIN Eye Drops 5ml
By Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is TOBACIN Eye Drops used for?
TOBACIN Eye Drops eye drops/eye ointment is used for the treatment of infections of the eye.
TOBACIN Eye Drops injection is used for the treatment of infections of the lungs, spinal cord, stomach, joints and urinary tract.
TOBACIN Eye Drops respules is used for the treatment of lung and other upper respiratory tract infections.
TOBACIN Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TOBACIN Eye Drops work?
TOBACIN Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called antiseptic and anti-infective agents. The drug acts by binding to bacterial ribosomes, which inhibits protein synthesis. Thus, it prevents the growth and spread of bacterial infections.
How to use TOBACIN Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TOBACIN Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
- Gently pull down the lower eyelid and apply the eye ointment inside of the lower eyelid.
- TOBACIN Eye Drops injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-administer.
- TOBACIN Eye Drops Respule should be inhaled by mouth using an inhaler and should never be swallowed directly.
If you miss a dose of TOBACIN Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TOBACIN Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with TOBACIN Eye Drops injection include the following:
- Amphotericin B
- Cholera vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine live
Drugs that interact with TOBACIN Eye Drops respules include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TOBACIN Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of TOBACIN Eye Dropseye drops/ eye ointment:
- Conjunctival erythema
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Increased lacrimation
- Oedema of eyelids
The following are the most common side effects of TOBACIN Eye Dropsrespules:
- Change in the voice
- Discolouration of sputum
- Hearing impairment
- Loss of appetite
The following are the most common side effects of TOBACIN Eye Dropsinjection:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TOBACIN Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TOBACIN Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TOBACIN Eye Drops.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of TOBACIN Eye Drops.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TOBACIN Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use TOBACIN Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TOBACIN Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of allergic reactions, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of TOBACIN Eye Drops.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TOBACIN Eye Drops
- Is it safe to use TOBACIN Eye Drops injection/respules during pregnancy?
- Should I follow any special precautions while using TOBACIN Eye Drops eye drops?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using TOBACIN Eye Drops?
Avoid using TOBACIN Eye Drops injection/respules during pregnancy as the drug affects the growth and development of the child.
Wash your hand and clean dry them before instilling TOBACIN Eye Drops eye drops. Avoid contact of the eye drops container with the eye to prevent contamination.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your serum magnesium, sodium and calcium levels along with auditory and renal function while using TOBACIN Eye Drops medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.