TENVIR Tablet 30's
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is TENVIR Tablet used for?
TENVIR Tablet is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B infection. It is also used as an adjuvant in the treatment of HIV infection.
TENVIR Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TENVIR Tablet work?
TENVIR Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-retrTENVIR Tabletal agents. This drug acts by blocking the reverse transcriptase enzyme of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Thus, it helps in inhibiting the growth and spread of the virus.
How to take TENVIR Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TENVIR Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TENVIR Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TENVIR Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TENVIR Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TENVIR Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TENVIR Tablet:
- Back pain
- Lack of strength
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Redness of skin
- Tightness in chest
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TENVIR Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TENVIR Tablet or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with TENVIR Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take TENVIR Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TENVIR Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bone problems, liver problems and kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TENVIR Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking TENVIR Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of TENVIR Tablet?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking TENVIR Tablet?
- How should TENVIR Tablet be stored?
Yes, it is advised to monitor liver function, bone density, kidney function, viral load and T-cell count while taking TENVIR Tablet.
TENVIR Tablet is contraindicated in patients with enlarged fatty liver, acute renal failure and decreased bone density.
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while on TENVIR Tablet as it may affect the absorption of the drug.
TENVIR Tablet must be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC), away from sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.