Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is TEMSUNOL F Tablet used for?
TEMSUNOL F Tablet capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
TEMSUNOL F Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TEMSUNOL F Tablet work?
In TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination, Finasteride belongs to the class of drugs called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, which blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Thus, it helps in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Tamsulosin belongs to the class of drugs called alpha-blockers. The drug acts by blocking the certain receptors by causing relaxation of smooth muscles in the prostate. Thus, it decreases the frequency of urination.
How to take TEMSUNOL F Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Do not tear open the capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination include the following:
- Severe dizziness
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TEMSUNOL F Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TEMSUNOL F Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TEMSUNOL F Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TEMSUNOL F Tablet:
- Decreased libido
- Swelling of the lips
- Tooth disorders
- Postural hypotension
- Trouble in having orgasm
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Pain in the testicles
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TEMSUNOL F Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid strenuous exercises or standing long periods in hot weather.
You are advised not to take TEMSUNOL F Tablet combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.