What is TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet used for?
TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of heart attack, angina and high blood pressure. It is also used in the prevention of various cardiovascular diseases.
TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet work?
In TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet, Metoprolol Tartrate belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensives. This drug helps in blocking the beta receptors, which relaxes the blood vessels and slows down the heart rate, cardiac output.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, which lower the blood pressure. Thus, it reduces the workload of the heart.
How to take TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects, of TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet:
- Back pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet
- Avoid TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases, bleeding problems etc.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet while suffering from liver disease?
- Does Tartrate + Telmisartan combination usually cause muscle pain or stiffness?
- How long can I take TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet?
Do not have potassium-rich foods, such as banana and broccoli as TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet may increase the level of potassium in the blood.
The overdose symptoms of TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet are heartburn, indigestion and severe abdominal cramps. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
People suffering from liver ailments should be cautious while taking TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet. However, please take your doctor’s consent before taking the drug.
No, muscle pain or stiffness is a rare side effect of TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet. However, notify the doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms.
TAZLOC BETA 50mg Tablet should be used only for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.