SILNAFIL Tablet 10's
By Emcure Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.88.00 (59% Savings)
Rs.115.30 (46% Savings)
Rs.117.00 (46% Savings)
Rs.146.00 (32% Savings)
Rs.150.00 (30% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SILNAFIL Tablet used for?
SILNAFIL Tablet is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
SILNAFIL Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SILNAFIL Tablet work?
SILNAFIL Tablet acts by relaxing the smooth muscles in the corpus cavernosum, which results in an increased inflow of blood. Thus, it enhances the erectile function. It also relaxes the muscles of lungs and decreases the blood pressure.
How to use SILNAFIL Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SILNAFIL Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Use the drug with or without food. However, using the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- SILNAFIL Tablet injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
- SILNAFIL Tablet orodispersible strips should be taken orally. Place the strip directly on the tongue.
If you miss a dose of SILNAFIL Tablet, please consult your healthcare provider.
What are the drugs that interact with SILNAFIL Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SILNAFIL Tablet include the following:
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SILNAFIL Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SILNAFIL Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Abdominal tenderness
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
- Inflammation of the eyes
- Painful urination
- Skin paleness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Blurry vision
- Burning sensation in the chest and abdomen
- Lower back pain
- Migraine headache
- Skin ulcers
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SILNAFIL Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SILNAFIL Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on SILNAFIL Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using SILNAFIL Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not use SILNAFIL Tablet medicine if you are suffering from bleeding disorders.
- Do not use Sildenafil citrate medicine if you are suffering from blood disorders such as sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia and multiple myeloma.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use SILNAFIL Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using SILNAFIL Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease and coronary heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about SILNAFIL Tablet
- How much time does SILNAFIL Tablet take to show its effect?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using SILNAFIL Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SILNAFIL Tablet?
- Can I take SILNAFIL Tablet while on Nitroglycerin?
It usually takes 30-60 minutes to show its effect after the drug administration. However, the onset of action may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Avoid consuming grapefruit, grapefruit juice and alcohol while using SILNAFIL Tablet medicine. SILNAFIL Tablet drug may show delayed action when consumed after eating cheeseburger or french fries.
Do not alter the dose of SILNAFIL Tablet medicine without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the medicine may lead to increased side effects.
No, SILNAFIL Tablet should be avoided if you are taking any nitrate drugs, such as Nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate and isosorbide mononitrate. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.