Rs.79.00 (67% Savings)
Rs.162.00 (33% Savings)
Rs.214.00 (12% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SEVCAR?
- SEVCAR contains sevelamer carbonate. It binds phosphate from food in the digestive tract and so reduces serum phosphorus levels in the blood
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What SEVCAR is used for?
SEVCAR is used to control hyperphosphatasemia (high blood phosphate levels) in:
- adult patients on dialysis undergoing hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
- patients with chronic (long-term) kidney disease who are not on dialysis and have a serum (blood) phosphorus level equal to or above 1.78 mmol/l
- the prevention of bone diseases
Talk to your doctor before you take SEVCAR, if you:
- are allergic to SEVCAR
- have swallowing problems
- have problems with motility (movement) in your stomach and bowel
- are being sick frequently
- have active inflammation of the bowel
- have undergone major surgery on your stomach or bowel
- have low levels of phosphate in your blood
- have bowel obstruction
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
- The safety and efficacy in children (below the age of 6 years) have not been studied. Therefore, SEVCAR is not recommended for use in children below the age of 6 years
Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken or might take any other medicines such as,
- ciprofloxacin (an antibiotic)
- medicines used for heart rhythm problems or epilepsy
- ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus,used to suppress the immune system
- levothyroxine used to treatment low thyroid hormone levels
- omeprazole, pantoprazole, or lansoprazole,used to treat heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or gastric ulcers
- You must take SEVCAR as prescribed by your doctor
- They will base the dose on your serum phosphorus level
- The recommended starting dose of SEVCAR tablets for adults and older people (> 65 years) is one to two tablets of 800 mg with each meal, 3 times a day
- The tablets must be swallowed whole. Do not crush, chew or break into pieces
If you take more SEVCAR
- In the event of a possible overdose you should contact your doctor immediately
If you forget to take SEVCAR
- If you have missed one dose, this dose should be omitted, and the next dose should be taken at the usual time with a meal. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
If you stop taking SEVCAR
- Do not stop taking SEVCAR unless you are advised by your doctor to do so
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- cases of itching
- slow intestine motility (movement)/blockages in the intestine, and perforation in the intestine wall have been reported
You may develop peritonitis (infection of your abdominal fluid) associated with your peritoneal dialysis. This risk can be reduced by careful adherence to sterile techniques during bag changes. You should tell your doctor immediately if you experience any new signs or symptoms of abdominal distress, abdominal swelling, abdominal pain, abdominal tenderness, or abdominal rigidity, constipation, fever, chills, nausea or vomiting. You should expect to be monitored more carefully for problems with low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.