SALICYLIX SF 6% Ointment 50gm
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
What is SALICYLIX SF?
- SALICYLIX SF contains a high concentration of salicylic acid which when used regularly removes the dead cells from the outer layer of the skin and steadily reduces the size of the wart
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What SALICYLIX SF is used for?
- SALICYLIX SF is used to treat and remove raised warts (usually found on the hands, elbows or knees) and verrucas (warts on the feet)
- Warts are caused by a virus which gets into the upper layers of the skin. The body then reacts to the virus, which leads to the formation of the wart or verruca
Talk to your doctor before taking SALICYLIX SF, if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to salicylic acid (aspirin) or any of the other ingredients of SALICYLIX SF
- have diabetes
- have poor blood circulation
- have wart or skin surrounding it is inflamed or broken
- have wart on moles, birthmarks, unusual warts with hair growth on your face or genital region
- have damaged skin such as cuts or grazes
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or planning to have baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
- Always apply this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- Check the tube seal is not broken before first use. Pierce tube seal with end of cap. Apply to the skin only
- Apply a thin film of this medicine to the affected skin area 1 time each day
- Use this medicine until the affected skin area is improved. Tell your healthcare provider if the treated skin area does not get better after 2 weeks of treatment
- Do not bandage, cover, or wrap the treated skin area unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so
- Avoid using this medicine on the face, groin, or underarms (armpits)
- Wash your hands after applying it
If you stop using SALICYLIX SF
- Do not stop using SALICYLIX SF without consulting your doctor
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.