What is S FILM Strip used for?
S FILM Strip is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
S FILM Strip may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does S FILM Strip work?
S FILM Strip acts by relaxing the smooth muscles in the corpus cavernosum, which results in an increased inflow of blood. Thus, it enhances the erectile function. It also relaxes the muscles of lungs and decreases the blood pressure.
How to use S FILM Strip?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use S FILM Strip as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Use the drug with or without food. However, using the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- S FILM Strip injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
- S FILM Strip orodispersible strips should be taken orally. Place the strip directly on the tongue.
If you miss a dose of S FILM Strip, please consult your healthcare provider.
What are the drugs that interact with S FILM Strip?
Drugs that interact with S FILM Strip include the following:
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of S FILM Strip?
The following are the most common side effects of S FILM Strip:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Abdominal tenderness
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
- Inflammation of the eyes
- Painful urination
- Skin paleness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Blurry vision
- Burning sensation in the chest and abdomen
- Lower back pain
- Migraine headache
- Skin ulcers
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using S FILM Strip?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to S FILM Strip or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on S FILM Strip.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using S FILM Strip if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not use S FILM Strip medicine if you are suffering from bleeding disorders.
- Do not use Sildenafil citrate medicine if you are suffering from blood disorders such as sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia and multiple myeloma.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use S FILM Strip if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using S FILM Strip?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease and coronary heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about S FILM Strip
- How much time does S FILM Strip take to show its effect?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using S FILM Strip?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of S FILM Strip?
- Can I take S FILM Strip while on Nitroglycerin?
It usually takes 30-60 minutes to show its effect after the drug administration. However, the onset of action may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Avoid consuming grapefruit, grapefruit juice and alcohol while using S FILM Strip medicine. S FILM Strip drug may show delayed action when consumed after eating cheeseburger or french fries.
Do not alter the dose of S FILM Strip medicine without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the medicine may lead to increased side effects.
No, S FILM Strip should be avoided if you are taking any nitrate drugs, such as Nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate and isosorbide mononitrate. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.