What is ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet used for?
ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet work?
ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine agonists. This drug acts by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain that helps in relieving the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
How to take ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet may include:
- Excessive sweating
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Excess sleep
- Swelling of the limbs
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual lethargy
- Blurry vision
- Loss of memory
- Chest pain
- Worsening of Parkinson’s disease
- Difficulty in walking
- Frequent muscle spasms
- Decreased libido
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet
- I am on ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet for restless leg syndrome. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- When should I take ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet medicine?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet?
It is not advised to stop ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet medication without doctor’s consent.
It is advised to take ROPITOR 0.5mg Tablet tablet 3 hours before bedtime.
Yes, it is advised to regularly monitor blood pressure and heart rate while taking Ropinirole medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.