What is ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule used for?
ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, overactive urinary bladder and urinary incontinence.
ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule work?
In ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule, Tamsulosin belongs to the class of drugs called alpha blockers. It works by relaxing the muscles of the bladder and prostate gland. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, such as difficulty in urination, urge to urinate and decreased urine volume.
Tolterodine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergic agents. It works by relaxing the muscles of the urinary bladder and improving the ability to control urination. Thus, it helps in preventing uncontrolled urination.
How to take ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule:
- Dry skin
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Decreased semen volume
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule
- Avoid ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid taking ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule if you have a history of closed angle glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease.
You are advised not to take ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing gastro-intestinal, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while on ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule?
- Can I take a higher dose of ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule for faster recovery?
- How is ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule stored?
- Is it safe to use ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule in case of diabetes?
Follow a diet rich in fibre as constipation is one of the side effects of ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule.
No, do not consume alcohol while on ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Do not alter the dosage of ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule. The dose is prescribed based on the severity of the condition. Altering the dosage may increase the risk of developing side effects. However, please consult your doctor.
ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule is stored at room temperature (20 – 25°C), away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
You must be cautious while using ROLIFLO OD 4mg Capsule if you have a history of diabetes. You must should inform the doctor about your medical history. Do not take any drug without the doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.