RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule used for?
RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule is used to treat dementia in people with Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule work?
RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called cholinesterase inhibitors. It works by increasing the levels of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which is regulates the transmission of nerve signals. This improves the symptoms of dementia and cognitive processes of thinking, memory and learning.
How to use RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule with or without food.
- Place the patch on a clean area of skin. Gently apply pressure on the patch to make sure it is firmly attached. The patch should be smooth with no folds or bumps.
What are the drugs that interact with RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule?
The drugs that interact with RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule:
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble breathing
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Abdominal pain
- Black-coloured stools
- Trouble urinating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue while using RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule.
- Apply the patch for 24 hours and then remove it. Use a new patch to a different skin area. Do not apply the patch over the same skin area within 14 days.
- Monitor your body weight regularly while on
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before using RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule
- Can I take RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule during lactation?
- Is it safe to recommend RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule to a person suffering from the same condition?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule?
No, it is not advisable to take RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule during lactation as it may affect the baby. However, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs even to a person having the same condition. The severity of the condition and the medical history may not be the same for every individual. Therefore, do not recommend drugs without the doctor’s consent.
Yes, follow a healthy and nutritious diet as RIVAMER 1.5mg Capsule may decrease your appetite.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.