Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
RISNIA PLUS Tablet 10's
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
10% Unlimited NMS Cash*
(on All Full Pre-Paid Orders)
*Cashback validity: 31 days
What is RISNIA PLUS Tablet used for?
RISNIA PLUS Tablet is used in the treatment certain mood/mental disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is also used to treat irritability in autistic disorders in children between 5 and 16 years old.
RISNIA PLUS Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RISNIA PLUS Tablet work?
RISNIA PLUS Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called atypical anti-psychotic drugs. This drug acts by blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain. Thus, it helps in reducing the symptoms of schizophrenia, such as hallucinations, delusions and impaired speech.
How to use RISNIA PLUS Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- RISNIA PLUS Tablet is available in suspension, injection, solution and tablet dosage forms.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well to ensure the proper mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- RISNIA PLUS Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of RISNIA PLUS Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms for RISNIA PLUS Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness/drowsiness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Uncontrolled movements
What are the drugs that interact with RISNIA PLUS Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RISNIA PLUS Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RISNIA PLUS Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RISNIA PLUS Tablet:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in concentration
- Skin rash
- Muscle spasm
- Memory problems
- Trouble sleeping
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stiffness of arms/legs
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using RISNIA PLUS Tablet?
- Avoid extreme cold or hot temperatures while using RISNIA PLUS Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RISNIA PLUS Tablet causes extreme dizziness.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RISNIA PLUS Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using RISNIA PLUS Tablet medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid RISNIA PLUS Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- RISNIA PLUS Tablet increases the body sensitivity to the hot or cold conditions. Therefore, residing in extreme temperatures should be avoided while using RISNIA PLUS Tablet.
- Avoid alcohol while on RISNIA PLUS Tablet medication as it may cause severe side effects.
You are advised not to use RISNIA PLUS Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using RISNIA PLUS Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to RISNIA PLUS Tablet or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RISNIA PLUS Tablet
- Can I use RISNIA PLUS Tablet to treat dementia?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of RISNIA PLUS Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on RISNIA PLUS Tablet medication?
No. Although, RISNIA PLUS Tablet is used to treat mental/mood disorders, it is not used to treat dementia. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication to treat dementia.
No, altering the dose of RISNIA PLUS Tablet is not advised. RISNIA PLUS Tablet should be used in the prescribed doses.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood sugar levels, complete blood cell count, and blood pressure periodically while on RISNIA PLUS Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.