RENOSAVE Tablet 10's
What is RENOSAVE Tablet used for?
RENOSAVE Tablet combination tablet is used for the treatment of lung diseases, such as bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia and cystic fibrosis. It also prevents liver damage caused due to the overdose of acetaminophen.
RENOSAVE Tablet combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RENOSAVE Tablet work?
In RENOSAVE Tablet combination, Acetylcysteine belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytics. The drug acts by reacting with the chemicals in the mucous and loosens its texture. Thus, it helps in treating lung diseases.
Taurine belongs to the class of drugs called amino acids. The drug acts by providing nutritional supplements required to the body by improving and maintaining the nitrogen balance.
How to take RENOSAVE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RENOSAVE Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of RENOSAVE Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RENOSAVE Tablet?
Lithium is the only drug that interacts with RENOSAVE Tablet combination.
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RENOSAVE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RENOSAVE Tablet:
- Mouth sores
- Runny nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty with breathing
- Unusual tiredness
- Hives or itching
- Vomit that appears like coffee grounds
- Black coloured Stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RENOSAVE Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to RENOSAVE Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RENOSAVE Tablet combination.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while taking RENOSAVE Tablet combination while suffering from a renal impairment or congestive heart failure.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult your doctor before taking RENOSAVE Tablet combination during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take RENOSAVE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RENOSAVE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypertension, asthma or stomach ulcers.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Inform your doctor if you are on a low-salt diet.
Frequently Asked Questions about RENOSAVE Tablet
- Is it safe to take RENOSAVE Tablet combination during pregnancy?
- How should RENOSAVE Tablet combination be stored?
- Can I stop taking RENOSAVE Tablet combination medication if the symptoms are reduced?
Consult your doctor regarding the benefits and potential risks of RENOSAVE Tablet combination during pregnancy.
RENOSAVE Tablet combination should be stored at room temperature. It should be kept away from sunlight, heat, and moisture.
Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.