What is PYROLATE Injection used for?
PYROLATE Injection is used to reduce the secretions in the mouth, throat, airway and stomach before the surgery. It is also used for the treatment of stomach ulcers.
PYROLATE Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PYROLATE Injection work?
PYROLATE Injection is an anti-cholinergic agent. It works by blocking the activity of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. Inhibition of acetylcholine activity leads to a reduction in the gastric acid production. It also controls excessive salivary, tracheobronchial and pharyngeal secretions.
How to use PYROLATE Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. PYROLATE Injection medicine is available in the form of injection and tablet.
- PYROLATE Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of PYROLATE Injection , please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PYROLATE Injection ?
Drugs that interact with PYROLATE Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PYROLATE Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of PYROLATE Injection :
- Visual disturbance
- Reduced sweating
- Irregular heartbeats
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dry skin
- Difficulty in urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using PYROLATE Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PYROLATE Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on PYROLATE Injection .
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter worsen the side effects of PYROLATE Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using PYROLATE Injection if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using PYROLATE Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart failure or irregular heart beat.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about PYROLATE Injection :
- Does PYROLATE Injection affect fertility and birth control?
- How should PYROLATE Injection tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for PYROLATE Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using PYROLATE Injection ?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PYROLATE Injection ?
No. PYROLATE Injection medicine is not known to affect fertility or birth control.
Store the drug at room temperature (25 – 30°C) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
PYROLATE Injection medicine is available as injection and tablet.
No. There is no need to monitor for any laboratory parameters while using PYROLATE Injection .
No. Do not alter the dose of PYROLATE Injection medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.