|Available substitute||5 substitute/s available|
Rs.478.85 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Cyclosporine used for?
Cyclosporine capsule, eye drops, singules, solution is used to prevent the rejection of a transplanted organ.
Cyclosporine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Cyclosporine work?
Cyclosporine belongs to the class of drugs called immunosuppressant drugs. It helps in preventing the white blood cells (WBCs) from attacking the transplanted organ by weakening the immune system. Thus, prevents the rejection of the transplanted organ.
How to use Cyclosporine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Cyclosporine capsule, eye drops, singules, solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule.
- Instil one or two eye drops/singules/solution into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of Cyclosporine, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Cyclosporine?
Drugs that interact with Cyclosporine include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Cyclosporine?
The following are the most common side effects of Cyclosporine:
- High blood pressure
- Stomach pain
- Low levels of magnesium in the body
- Increased gum size
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blood in urine
- Blood clots in kidneys
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Cyclosporine?
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Cyclosporine.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Cyclosporine or similar drugs.
- Use Cyclosporine during pregnancy only when prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Cyclosporine.
You are advised not to use Cyclosporine
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Cyclosporine?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cyclosporine
- Can I use Celecoxib to reduce menstrual pain while on Cyclosporine medication?
Consult your doctor before using Celecoxib while on Cyclosporine as it may cause drug interactions.
It is not advisable to use Cyclosporine as it may cause liver failure or liver damage, especially when taken in high doses. However, please consult your doctor.
No. It is not advisable to discontinue using Cyclosporine medicine even if you feel better. Discontinuing the drug may increase the side effects of the drug.
It is advisable to avoid eating or drinking grapefruit as it may cause drug-food interaction. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.