What is PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet used for?
PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of testosterone deficiency and male infertility due to hypogonadism.
PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet work?
PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called hormonal agents. This drug acts by forming hormone-receptor complex and enhancing the DNA transcription by binding to the DNA. This leads to the formation of mRNA, which modifies the protein synthesis and promotes the production of male sex hormones.
How to take PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sleep apnea
- Water retention
- Impaired glucose tolerance
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet in prostate cancer patients?
- What are the contraindications for PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
- Is hirsutism (male-pattern hair growth in women) common with the use of PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet?
No. It is not safe to use PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet in prostate cancer patients.
PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet is contraindicated in the liver tumor, hypercalcaemia, and severe liver and kidney impairment.
You must undergo blood tests and prostate examination regularly while using PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet.
Yes. Hirsutism is one of the common side effects of PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for further information.
Avoid spicy foods and increase the intake of water while using PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.