PROVIRONUM 25mg Tablet 10's
What is Mesterolone used for?
Mesterolone is used for the treatment of testosterone deficiency and male infertility due to hypogonadism.
Mesterolone may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Mesterolone work?
Mesterolone belongs to the class of drugs called hormonal agents. This drug acts by forming hormone-receptor complex and enhancing the DNA transcription by binding to the DNA. This leads to the formation of mRNA, which modifies the protein synthesis and promotes the production of male sex hormones.
How to take Mesterolone?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Mesterolone as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Mesterolone, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Mesterolone?
Drugs that interact with Mesterolone include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Mesterolone?
The following are the most common side effects of Mesterolone:
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sleep apnea
- Water retention
- Impaired glucose tolerance
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Mesterolone?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Mesterolone or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Mesterolone.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Mesterolone causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking Mesterolone if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take Mesterolone if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Mesterolone?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Mesterolone
- Is it safe to use Mesterolone in prostate cancer patients?
- What are the contraindications for Mesterolone?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Mesterolone?
- Is hirsutism (male-pattern hair growth in women) common with the use of Mesterolone?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Mesterolone?
No. It is not safe to use Mesterolone in prostate cancer patients.
Mesterolone is contraindicated in the liver tumor, hypercalcaemia, and severe liver and kidney impairment.
You must undergo blood tests and prostate examination regularly while using Mesterolone.
Yes. Hirsutism is one of the common side effects of Mesterolone. Consult your doctor for further information.
Avoid spicy foods and increase the intake of water while using Mesterolone.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.