PRIMACORT 100mg Injection
Rs.36.00 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PRIMACORT 100mg Injection used for?
PRIMACORT 100mg Injection is a steroid hormone, which is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Blood disorders
- Breathing disorders
- Eye disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Immunity disorders
PRIMACORT 100mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRIMACORT 100mg Injection work?
PRIMACORT 100mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroid hormones. The drug acts by binding to the glucocorticoid receptors and inhibiting the action of prostaglandins, leukotrienes and cyclooxygenase (COX-I & II) enzymes. Thus, it helps in controlling pain and inflammation in the body.
How to use PRIMACORT 100mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PRIMACORT 100mg Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- For topical application, apply a thin layer over the affected area. Do not use PRIMACORT 100mg Injection topical over cuts or bruises.
- PRIMACORT 100mg Injection is also available as an injection. It should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of PRIMACORT 100mg Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PRIMACORT 100mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with PRIMACORT 100mg Injection tablet/injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRIMACORT 100mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of PRIMACORT 100mg Injection tablet/injection:
- Abdominal discomfort
The following are the most common side effects of PRIMACORT 100mg Injection cream/ointment:
- Skin redness, burning, itching, or peeling
- Stretch marks
- Thinning of your skin
- Blistering skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PRIMACORT 100mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PRIMACORT 100mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRIMACORT 100mg Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using PRIMACORT 100mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before using any other drug along with PRIMACORT 100mg Injection .
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRIMACORT 100mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney impairment, diabetes, hypertension or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have undergone cataract or glaucoma surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorders before using PRIMACORT 100mg Injection medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions about PRIMACORT 100mg Injection
- Is it safe to use PRIMACORT 100mg Injection medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- How long can I use PRIMACORT 100mg Injection medicine?
- What precautions should I use while applying PRIMACORT 100mg Injection cream/ointment?
- Does PRIMACORT 100mg Injection medicine increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, the safe and effective use of PRIMACORT 100mg Injection during pregnancy and breastfeeding has been established. However, please consult your doctor to know more about the safe dose and drug concentration during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use PRIMACORT 100mg Injection medicine for a prescribed duration. Do not over use the medicine as it increases the risk of side effects.
Before applying PRIMACORT 100mg Injection cream/ointment, make sure the skin is clean and dry. This helps in preventing skin infections.
PRIMACORT 100mg Injection alone does not increase the risk of bleeding. When PRIMACORT 100mg Injection is concomitantly administered with Aspirin or other blood thinning drugs, it may cause bleeding.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.