PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet used for?
PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of depression. It is also used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Anxiety disorders in adults
- Pain due to nerve damage
- Peripheral neuropathy
PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet work?
In PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet, Nortriptyline belongs to the class of drugs called anti-depressants. The drug acts by blocking the reuptake of certain neurotransmitters. Thus, it helps in relieving depression.
Pregabalin belongs to a class of drugs called anti-convulsants. The exact mechanism of action of Pregabalin is unknown. It acts by reducing the calcium-dependent release of several neurotransmitters in the brain. This reduces the abnormal neuronal excitability and relieves pain.
How to take PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Sodium oxybate
What are the side effects of PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Enlarged breasts
- Tightness in the chest
- Muscle spasms
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Trouble urinating
- Decreased sexual desire
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid activities that may cause injuries, bruises and bleeding.
You are advised not to take PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes mellitus, myocardial infarction, heart rhythm disorders, epilepsy, thyroid abnormalities, glaucoma or urinary tract disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet before any scheduled surgeries.
Frequently Asked Questions about PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet
- How should PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet?
PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet tablets should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from light, heat, and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your blood sugar levels, liver function and electrocardiogram (ECG) regularly while on PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet medication.
Yes, it is advised to eat fibre-rich food while taking PREGABID NT 50mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.