What is PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel used for?
PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel cream/gel is used for the treatment of acne.
PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel work?
In PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel, Benzoyl Peroxide belongs to the class of drugs called topical antibiotics. The drug acts by reducing the production of oil and kills the bacteria by releasing oxygen. Thus, it helps in reducing the acne.
Clindamycin belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the production of free fatty acids on the skin and reduces acne.
How to apply PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Apply PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel cream/gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel cream/gel to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel, please apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
Drugs that interact with PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel:
- Redness of skin
- Dry skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe skin rash
- Peeling of skin
- Skin thinning
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while applying PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
- Avoid applying for the medicine if you are allergic to PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel or similar drugs.
- Do not stop applying the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid accidental contact of PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel with eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not store PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel near an open flame or direct heat.
You are advised not to apply PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before applying PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or other skin conditions.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel
- How should PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel be stored?
- Can I use cosmetics after applying PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
- What is the frequency of PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel?
PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
No. It is advised not to use cosmetics for at least 15 minutes after applying PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel.
It is advised to apply PEROCLIN 2.5% Gel twice in a day. However, please consult your doctor for the frequency of the usage.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.