PARKIN Tablet 10's
By Micro Labs Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.11.09 (9% Savings)
Rs.11.86 (3% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PARKIN Tablet used for?
PARKIN Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
PARKIN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PARKIN Tablet work?
PARKIN Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-cholinergics. The drug acts by partially blocking the cholinergic activities in the central nervous system, which relieves the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
How to take PARKIN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PARKIN Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PARKIN Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PARKIN Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PARKIN Tablet include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
- Citric acid
- Potassium chloride
- Sodium citrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PARKIN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PARKIN Tablet:
- Mild nausea
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
- Stomach pain
- Excessive dryness of mouth
- Abdominal cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PARKIN Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PARKIN Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid alcohol while taking PARKIN Tablet as it decreases the absorption of the drug.
- Avoid using PARKIN Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PARKIN Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take PARKIN Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PARKIN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of glaucoma, bowel obstructions and severe ulcerative colitis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PARKIN Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of PARKIN Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PARKIN Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of PARKIN Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of PARKIN Tablet available?
- Can I exercise while taking PARKIN Tablet?
The overdose symptoms of PARKIN Tablet may include seizures, loss of coordination, fever, changes in vision, confusion and hallucinations. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for complete blood cell counts, eye-sight and intraocular pressure while taking PARKIN Tablet.
PARKIN Tablet is contraindicated in patients with the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, severe ulcerative colitis, toxic megacolon, ulcerative colitis and wide angle glaucoma.
PARKIN Tablet is available in the form of an oral tablet and oral elixir.
Yes. However, avoid prolonged exposure to the sun while taking PARKIN Tablet. It is also advised to use protective clothing and sunscreen if you are exposed to the sun for longer duration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.