PANZYNORM HS Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Pancreatin used for?
Pancreatin capsule/tablet is used for the breakdown and digestion of food. It is also used to treat steatorrhea (fatty stools).
Pancreatin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Pancreatin work?
Pancreatin belongs to the class of drugs called as digestives. The drug acts by hydrolyzing fats to glycerol and fatty acids. The digestive enzymes, such as lipase, protease, and amylase enhance the hydrolysis of fats, protein, and starch in the small intestine.
How to take Pancreatin?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Pancreatin capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
If you miss a dose of Pancreatin, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Pancreatin?
Drugs that interact with Pancreatin include the following:
- Ethinyl estradiol
- Ferrous fumarate
- Folic acid
- Tartaric acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Pancreatin?
The following are the most common side effects of Pancreatin:
- Abdominal pain
- Mild skin rash
- Increased levels of uric acid in blood or/and urine
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Joint pain
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Pancreatin?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Pancreatin or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- Consult your doctor before taking Pancreatin medicine during breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Pancreatin.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take Pancreatin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Pancreatin?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of acute pancreatitis, asthma or gout diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Pancreatin.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pancreatin
- How should Pancreatin be stored?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking Pancreatin medication?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking Pancreatin?
- Is it safe to take antacids while taking Pancreatin medication?
Pancreatin should be stored at room temperature between 15 – 30oC. Keep the medication away from heat, light, and moisture.
It is advised to avoid protein and pork while taking Pancreatin.
Yes, it is advised to undergo blood test while taking Pancreatin.
It is not advisable to take antacids one hour before and after taking Pancreatin medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.