PANTOP 40MG TABLET 15'S
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||128 substitute/s available|
Rs.11.37 (90% Savings)
Rs.15.00 (87% Savings)
Rs.17.50 (84% Savings)
Rs.20.00 (82% Savings)
Rs.25.12 (78% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Pantoprazole used for?
Pantoprazole oral is used to treat stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal reflux disorder.
Pantoprazole injection is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disorder and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Pantoprazole may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Pantoprazole work?
Pantoprazole belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. This drug acts by suppressing gastric acid secretion and inhibiting the action of certain enzymes on the surface of the gastric parietal cell.
How to use Pantoprazole?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Pantoprazole as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- Pantoprazole injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of Pantoprazole tablet/capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you miss a dose of Pantoprazole injection, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with Pantoprazole?
Drugs that interact with Pantoprazole include the following:
What are the side effects of Pantoprazole?
The following are the most common side effects of Pantoprazole tablet/capsule:
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasms
- Irregular heartbeat
- Abdominal pain
- Bloody stools
The following are the most common side effects of Pantoprazole injection:
- Redness/pain at the injection site
- Muscle spasms
- Joint pains
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Pantoprazole?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Pantoprazole or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid using Pantoprazole if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
You are advised not to use Pantoprazole if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Pantoprazole?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical condition of decreased blood magnesium levels or bone fractures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Pantoprazole
- How should Pantoprazole injection be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using Pantoprazole?
- Can I take any vitamin supplements while using Pantoprazole?
Pantoprazole injection should be stored at room temperature away from light and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood count regularly while using Pantoprazole.
Yes, it is advised to take vitamin B12 supplements as long-term use of Pantoprazole may cause the vitamin B12 deficiency. However, please consult your doctor before you take any other medications.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.