PANTOCID L Capsule 10's
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
|Available substitute||2 substitute/s available|
Rs.180.00 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole used for?
Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination is primarily used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. It is also used to treat the following conditions:
- Erosive oesophagitis
- Frequent heartburn
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole work?
In Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination, Levosulpiride belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. The drug acts by blocking the action of D2 dopaminergic receptors, which are located on both central and peripheral pathways of the brain.
Pantoprazole belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. The drug acts by suppressing the final step of gastric acid secretion by forming a covalent bond and inhibiting the action certain enzymes on the surface of the gastric parietal cell.
How to take Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Levosalbutamol, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Excessive sweating
- Unusual tiredness
What are the drugs that interact with Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole?
Drugs that interact with Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole include the following:
- Magnesium Hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole?
The following are the most common side effects of Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole:
- Increase in the blood pressure
- Muscle spasms
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chronic inflammation
- Joint pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole or similar drugs.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
- Do not use Levosulpiride during pregnancy unless it is recommended by a doctor.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
You are advised not to take Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low magnesium levels in the blood, osteoporosis or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole
- How long can I take Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination drug?
- Is it safe to use Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination during breastfeeding?
- Can I alter the dose of Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination?
- Is it safe to drive after using Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination?
Use Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination for a recommended duration. Taking the drug for longer duration may lead to increased side effects.
No. Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination is not advised in breastfeeding.
No. Altering the dose of Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination is not advised as it may increase the risk of side effects.
Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Levosulpiride + Pantoprazole combination medicine causes dizziness or blurred vision.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.