Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is OSKAR 20mg Capsule used for?
OSKAR 20mg Capsule is used for the treatment of certain stomach and oesophagus problems, such as gastrointestinal reflux disorder, erosive oesophagitis and ulcers.
OSKAR 20mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OSKAR 20mg Capsule work?
OSKAR 20mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. This drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes in gastric cells, which results in reduced gastric acid production. Thus, it helps in reducing the gastric acidity.
How to take OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule.
If you miss a dose of OSKAR 20mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OSKAR 20mg Capsule may include:
- Unusual sweating
- Blurred vision
- Increased heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with OSKAR 20mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of OSKAR 20mg Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle spasms
- Skin rash
- Joint pains
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to OSKAR 20mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OSKAR 20mg Capsule.
You are advised not to take OSKAR 20mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low magnesium levels, osteoporosis, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of OSKAR 20mg Capsule before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about OSKAR 20mg Capsule
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
- What are the contraindications of OSKAR 20mg Capsule?
- How should OSKAR 20mg Capsule be stored?
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood magnesium levels, liver and kidney function regularly while taking OSKAR 20mg Capsule.
OSKAR 20mg Capsule is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to OSKAR 20mg Capsule or any other proton pump inhibitors.
OSKAR 20mg Capsule capsules should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from heat, sunlight and radiation.4.Can I stop taking OSKAR 20mg Capsule if I feel better?
No, it is not advised to discontinue OSKAR 20mg Capsule even if you feel better. Please consult the doctor before discontinuing the medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.