Rs.10.00 (80% Savings)
Rs.14.45 (72% Savings)
Rs.14.50 (72% Savings)
Rs.18.00 (65% Savings)
Rs.18.63 (64% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is OKACET L Tablet used for?
OKACET L Tablet is used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis, sneezing, itching eyes and hives.
OKACET L Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OKACET L Tablet work?
OKACET L Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. It works by blocking the action of histamine, which causes allergic symptoms.
How to take OKACET L Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OKACET L Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
- OKACET L Tablet syrup should be taken orally. Measure the required amount of syrup using a measuring cup before taking each dose
- OKACET L Tablet oral drops should be taken as advised by your doctor.
If you miss a dose of OKACET L Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OKACET L Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OKACET L Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OKACET L Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OKACET L Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
- Swelling of feet or arms
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OKACET L Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OKACET L Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on OKACET L Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid OKACET L Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take OKACET L Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OKACET L Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you have kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about OKACET L Tablet
- Can I drive after taking OKACET L Tablet medicine?
- Can I take other vitamin supplements along with OKACET L Tablet medicine?
- Are there any dietary restrictions for OKACET L Tablet medicine?
- I am on anti-depressants. Can I take OKACET L Tablet medicine?
OKACET L Tablet medicine may cause dizziness. Hence, do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
Inform your doctor before you take any other medication or supplements while on OKACET L Tablet medicine.
No. However, avoid carbonated drinks as they contain caffeine, which can react with OKACET L Tablet medicine.
No. Do not take OKACET L Tablet if you are taking antidepressants. Consult your doctor before taking OKACET L Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.