Rs.36.90 (35% Savings)
Rs.37.07 (35% Savings)
Rs.37.84 (34% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet used for?
OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet work?
OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet helps in decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine and decreases glucose production in the liver. This helps to improve glycaemic control.
How to take OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food as it can prevent stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Altered taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Allergic skin reactions
- Fast heartbeat
- Loss of consciousness
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet.
- Use OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet during pregnancy only when prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of congestive heart failure, kidney, liver or thyroid problem.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet
- Can I take birth control pills while on OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet medication?
- Can I stop taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet medicine if I feel better?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet?
No. Birth control pills are known to interact with OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor before using any other medication while on OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet.
No. Continue taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet medicine even if you feel better. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to abnormal blood glucose levels.
Blood sugar levels should be monitored while taking OBIMET SR 1gm Tablet medicine to check for the effect of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.