NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet 10's
What is NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet used for?
NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet is used for the treatment of depression. It is also used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Anxiety disorders in adults
- Pain due to nerve damage
- Peripheral neuropathy
NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet work?
In NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet, Nortriptyline belongs to the class of drugs called anti-depressants. The drug acts by blocking the reuptake of certain neurotransmitters. Thus, it helps in relieving depression.
Pregabalin belongs to a class of drugs called anti-convulsants. The exact mechanism of action of Pregabalin is unknown. It acts by reducing the calcium-dependent release of several neurotransmitters in the brain. This reduces the abnormal neuronal excitability and relieves pain.
How to take NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Sodium oxybate
What are the side effects of NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Enlarged breasts
- Tightness in the chest
- Muscle spasms
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Trouble urinating
- Decreased sexual desire
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid activities that may cause injuries, bruises and bleeding.
You are advised not to take NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes mellitus, myocardial infarction, heart rhythm disorders, epilepsy, thyroid abnormalities, glaucoma or urinary tract disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet before any scheduled surgeries.
Frequently Asked Questions about NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet
- How should NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet?
NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet tablets should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from light, heat, and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your blood sugar levels, liver function and electrocardiogram (ECG) regularly while on NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet medication.
Yes, it is advised to eat fibre-rich food while taking NORTRYPTOMER P Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.