What is NORFLOX 400mg Tablet used for?
NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
NORFLOX 400mg Tablet eye drops are used for the treatment of bacterial infections of eyes.
NORFLOX 400mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NORFLOX 400mg Tablet work?
NORFLOX 400mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting a bacterial enzyme and arresting the replication of the bacteria. Thus, it relieves bacterial infections.
How to use NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NORFLOX 400mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil NORFLOX 400mg Tablet eye drops/eye ointment into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or its surrounding tissue.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of NORFLOX 400mg Tablet, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablet/eye drops include the following:
What are the side effects of NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
The following are the side effects of NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablets :
- Stomach pain
The following are the side effects of NORFLOX 400mg Tablet eye drops:
- Conjunctival hyperaemia
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NORFLOX 400mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablets.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NORFLOX 400mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid NORFLOX 400mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablets/eyedrops if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid exercising if any joint pain or swelling is experienced.
You are advised not to take NORFLOX 400mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of muscle disorder, kidney, heart or lung transplant, heart rhythm disorders, slow heartbeat, arthritis, seizures, head injury, brain tumour or diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NORFLOX 400mg Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
- How should NORFLOX 400mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I take NORFLOX 400mg Tablet to treat common cold?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of NORFLOX 400mg Tablet?
It is advised not to take NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablets along with dairy products as they make the medicine less effective.
Store NORFLOX 400mg Tablet tablets/eye drops at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
No, NORFLOX 400mg Tablet is only prescribed to treat bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication to treat viral infections, such as common cold and flu.
Yes, it is advised to monitor kidney function, complete blood cell count, blood sugar and blood culture test regularly while taking NORFLOX 400mg Tablet.
NORFLOX 400mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with Myasthenia Gravis.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.