What is NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension used for?
NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension tablet/injection/suppositories/syrup/oral drops/suspension is used for the treatment of pain and fever.
NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension work?
NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics (pain relievers) and anti-pyretics (fever reducers). This drug acts by blocking certain chemicals in the brain, which are responsible for pain and fever. Thus, it helps in decreasing the pain and inflammation.
How to use NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the tablet before or after meals.
- NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Shake the suspension/syrup well before taking each dose, to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Take the prescribed dose orally.
- Measure the oral drops using a measuring device before taking the drug orally.
- For suppository dosage form, please read the instructions provided on the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
If you miss a dose of NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension include the following:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Extreme tiredness
- Dark coloured urine
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension?
Drugs that interact with NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension include the following:
- Amyl nitrate
What are the side effects of NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Gastric ulcer
- Steven-Johnson syndrome
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive and operate heavy machinery if NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid using NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to use NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical condition such as liver or kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension
- How should NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension?
- I am prescribed NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension tablets to treat fever. Can I take NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension syrup instead?
NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to monitor liver function regularly while using NICETAMOL 125mg Suspension.
No, dosage forms are prescribed based on the health condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor before you alter the dosage form.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.